Kevin's Primary Skills and Technologies:
[ Go: List ]top
- Java (J2SE & J2EE)
- HTML & CSS
- Operating Systems:
- Windows XP
- Mac OS X
- Macromedia Flash
- Ruby & Ruby On Rails
Kevin's Professional Highlights:
Application Architect - Consultant, IT Application Development
[ Go: experience ]top
- March, 1999 - Present, Columbus, OH
- Lead a successful multi-year redesign and J2EE migration of a web application for investment professionals. This brought the site's Dalbar ranking up from #22 to #8.
- Designed a J2EE-based framework as part of architecture team. Areas of focus included a Struts-based presentation layer, menu framework, and JAAS-based authentication & authorization.
- Performed production support for all external Nationwide Financial sites, contributing to >99% uptime for several years running.
- Designed, implemented and evolved the security model for a financial services site.
- Lead a multi-site password security effort.
- Contributed to various strategic and standards bodies inside Nationwide.
- Duties include requirements analysis, documenting decisions and risks, assessing and evaluating products and technologies, designing solutions, planning iterations, implementation and deployment, mentoring team members, design reviews, code reviews, educating peers and management about new technologies, maturing development and operational processes, consulting on difficult design problems, promoting best practices, and ensuring stability, scalability, performance and maintainability for applications department-wide.
The Ohio State University
Bachelor of Arts, June 1995
GPA: overall- 3.0/4.0, major- 3.2/4.0
- Dean's List:
- Winter 1992, Summer 1994, Winter 1995
- JavaOne 2000, San Francisco
- XMLOne 2001, Austin
- Central Ohio Java Symposium, "No Fluff, Just Stuff" 2005, Columbus
- Struts training with Ted Husted
- Windows NT 4 - Workstation Certified (MCP), 1999
- NASD Series 6 Registered Representative, 1997 - 2002
- National Merit Scholar
Kevin's Future Plans and Goals:
I am constantly working to improve my skills in the art and science of software design and the development process. I enjoy learning new tools and technologies. At this point in my life, I have no aspirations to move into a non-technical management position. I want to remain technically oriented, continue problem solving, leading projects from a technical standpoint, and mentoring others. I enjoy being involved both in defining the big picture and implementing the nitty gritty details --from design to deployment, "From Buzz to Built"-- using both bleeding edge R&D along with pragmatic, proven solutions. I strive to be one of the "go to" people, one of the "gurus". My former employers did not want to see me leave, and I believe future employers will feel the same way.top
Kevin's other Interests:
My favorite pastime is playing with my son Xander and daughter Quinn! They're both awesome, amazing and tons of fun!
Prior to having kids, my wife, Heidi, and I did a lot of traveling. In addition to several domestic trips, we've been to Hong Kong , mainland China, Thailand, Macau, Czech Republic, Ireland , Scotland and England. We plan to get Xander and Quinn travel-ready soon so we can pick up where we left off!
With the help of my brother-in-law, Mike, we extensively remodeled our previous house in Clintonville, and have now started all over again on our current house in Upper Arlington.
When not working or playing with the kids, I enjoy playing guitar and composing music or going out to see movies with my wife. I also do quite a bit of reading: mostly science, philosophy, and biographies. Of course, I also read quite a bit of computer-related material. top
Phone number: 614-486-0502
Location: Columbus, Ohio
You can email me here. [ Go: Email ]
As an aside, here's how you pronounce my last name: with a 'soft c', like in "excellence" ;-) You say it almost as if it was spelled M-U-N-T-Z.
This page has a stylesheet for printing, so it can be printed directly (Print button, File | Print or Ctrl-p). In addition, here are more standard and concise versions of this resumé:top